One of the most important parts to a survival server is knowing how to claim. This will protect your items from other players. Please remember any unclaimed items can be taken by other players! If you have any difficulty making a claim be sure to ask for help.
To make a claim you need to have claim blocks. You automatically get claim blocks for being online: 50cb for every 60 minutes of playtime. You can also get claim blocks from /vote and from the /gemshop.
When you first put down a chest the blocks around the chest will be automatically claimed. Remember you can check if something has been claimed by holding a stick and right clicking an area.
If the area isn’t claimed you will see a message like this:
If the area is claimed you will see a message like this:
To create a claim, you will need a golden shovel. When you equip a golden shovel, you may see a message to let you know how many claim blocks you have:
If you have successfully claimed an area, you should see glowstone and a gold marking out the borders to your claim:
For a basic tutorial on how to claim, you can watch this video:
The commands you can use to manage your claims in game are as follows:
- /claim - brings up the in game help menu
- /subdivideclaim - allows you to split up a claim so you can manage what areas you want to give players trust to.
- /abandonclaim - need to be stood inside a claim you want to delete. The command will then remove the claim.
- /abandonallclaims - abandons all of your claims
- /claimslist - will bring up the details for all of your claims
- /trust <player name=""> - gives the specified player full trust to that claim.
- Remember when trusting a player they can grief your land and steal from your chests- so please only ever trust people you truly trust!
- /accesstrust <player name=""> - gives the specified player trust to use buttons/levers/beds within that claim.
- /containertrust <player name=""> - allows a player to use containers in that claim.
- /permissiontrust <player name=""> - allows a player to manage that specific claim.
- /untrust <player name=""> - removes a player from a claim
- /untrust all - removes all players from a claim
- /trustlist - lists the players that are trusted in a claim