The Vanilla Experience should be a place where everyone can enjoy themselves. Keep everyone in mind when you do something, and avoid behavior that would make others feel unwelcome or uncomfortable.
- Keep it civil. Potentially sensitive topics (like politics, religion, and sex) are allowed in public chats as long as there is no hateful, inflammatory, or harassing language. Remember: criticize the ideas, not people.
- Choose your (curse) words wisely. Don’t use profanity randomly for no reason, don’t use it in almost every message you send, and don’t use it to be insulting, antagonizing, or inflaming.
- Follow the 50/100 claiming rule: you may claim up to 50 blocks beyond the furthest point of your build, and you must claim at least 100 blocks away from other players. Don’t claim unnecessarily large areas, don’t claim things just to sell them, and don’t claim land you don’t plan to build on (within a month). Due to players trying to place just a few blocks to claim land, it is up to staff discretion if a build is significant enough to justify a claim.
Don’t be a Jerk
The Vanilla Experience is a tight-knit community server and a place for everyone to play together! We do not allow any behavior that intentionally hurts others. Never do anything to purposely be upsetting, insulting, or annoying to anyone else on our servers.
- Personal attacks and harassment will not be tolerated. Sexist, racist, homophobic, and broad, offensive generalizations about groups of people are simply not allowed.
- Slurs that are sexist, racist, homophobic, etc. are never allowed.
- Any word blocked by a filter is never allowed no matter how it’s written, even if it gets around the filter itself.
- Respect other’s builds! You may take resources from unclaimed builds, claim them as your own, or even completely remove them - but please avoid making things necessarily ugly. Please do not “grief” builds (damage with intent to harm), intentionally claim something to harass another active player on the server,
don’t leave unneeded towers in the world, etc. Also, do not break structures meant to be traveled on, such as railroads or ice-roads - they cannot be easily claimed and should never be destroyed.
- Do not steal (take without permission) from a claim you are trusted in, or from a player after they’ve just died or set something down.
The challenge of survival is what makes it fun, please don’t ruin the fun for everyone else!
- The Vanilla Experience is a “PvP free” server. This means you should never kill another player unless they have toggled PvP on and agreed to battle first! Additionally, you should return all items unless an agreement otherwise is made beforehand. Never use any means of bypassing PvP protection such as player traps, lava, fire, and pushing players into deadly items.
- Do not attempt to trick or scam others during item trades or agreed upon deals. Additionally, do not bid on an item you do not plan to buy - if you offer to pay more for something that someone else has already made an offer on, that is considered “bidding” and all bids are final!
Alternate (“alt”) accounts are generally not allowed. We may approve their use on a case-by-case basis. -
- Using an alt account to bypass a punishment can result in a longer ban. You are responsible for the activity of your account, as well as any consequences brought forward from breaking our rules. Please notify the staff team if there are multiple people who play on TVE in your household, so there are no questions about whether you are different people or one person using alt accounts. This makes our job easier and means we don’t have to bother you about it in the future!
Hacks and Mods Policy
Any hack or mod that gives you an unfair advantage in the game is not allowed. Additionally, most vanilla exploits are allowed – unless they give you materials you are not supposed to have (such as duplication glitches). Exploiting any non-vanilla features (our plugins) is prohibited. You may use any mods that fit into the categories below.
We allow modifications in the following categories:
- Mods that improve client performance (Optifine)
- Minimaps, as long as it doesn’t show anything you can’t normally see (caves, dungeon locations, etc.)
- Aesthetic modifications that do not give you an unfair advantage or change gameplay (Shaders)
- Inventory management systems, such as automatic organization
- Mods for recording gameplay (ReplayMod)
- The Schematica mod (auto-build feature is prohibited)
- Armor and status HUDs (as long as info shown is accessible in vanilla)
- Macros (setting certain actions to specific buttons)
Creators are awesome! Creators leaching off of others to promote their own work are not. You may share content you’ve created as long as you are not using our services merely as a means of promoting your own content. We may deny an individual from promoting their work if we feel this is being abused.
Never advertise other Minecraft servers, Realms, or Discord servers in any of our public chats. You may share this type of content in a private message, but only if the recipient requested the information first.
Reducing Lag: It is up to everyone in the community to help keep lag to a minimum. There are many factors that cause lag and you can read about them here. If we find something on the server that is causing a problem with lag (such as large animal farms or grinders) we may have to shut it down and delete it without warning.
AFK Grinding: Bypassing the automatic AFK system is prohibited. Additionally, leaving your game unattended while sitting near a mob spawner, or any other automated system, (“AFK grinding”) is not allowed. You may use automated grinders as long as you are present while using them.
Mob Restrictions: We have a system in place to restrict the number of mobs that can be in a certain area (more info here). Please do not try to circumvent this system. Additionally, mob grinder holding chambers must be either 1×1 or 1×2 blocks in size.
English Only: Please only use English in public chats. We are unable to moderate discussion in other languages and you will be asked to take it to a private channel outside of TVE.
Mini-modding: Do not impersonate staff members or portray yourself as one when you are not. It is fine to share the rules with others, but please do not try to force others to follow them - reach out to a staff member if you need help or see someone breaking rules.
- You are not allowed to sell shop plots to other members on the server.
- You are not allowed to build underground or into the ground.
- Powered beacons are not allowed inside of your shop plot.
- You may place a maximum of:
- 2 armour stands,
- 4 item frames,
- 1 lectern,
- 2 hoppers.
- Double chests are not allowed to be used. Single chests only!
- Please note: You must have one free space inside of the chest to sell items.
- Members can have a maximum of 12 single shop chests, and Pro+ donators can have 20.
- Not properly maintaining your shop plot will lead to its removal.
- Shops must have a minimum of 5 items being sold that are of value to the players at a sensible price.
- Shops must be restocked frequently.
- Newly created plots and shops undergoing renovation maintenance must be up and running within a week of starting work.
- You may not build nether portals, redstone devices, player trapping/killing contraptions or have donation or storage chests/barrels/shulkers/inventories or enderchests (please use the ones available at spawn) inside of your shop.
- Pets are not allowed inside of your shop/at the marketplace.
- Shop plots are unclaimed after 21 days of not logging into the server. You can protect your shop by filling out this form on our website!
- If you lose your shop plot, your valuable items inside of the chests will be temporarily stored by a member of the staff team. If you’re inactive for 60+ days, these items are now owned by the Server, and will be used in future giveaways/events - You can claim your items back within the first 60 days of the shop being removed by simply asking a Moderator for them.
Disputing a Rule or Punishment
If you would like to dispute a moderator’s decision, a punishment you’ve received, or one of our rules, please contact us privately. We understand that things can get frustrating and sometimes a discussion is necessary to make sure we are doing the right thing, but we don’t want a potentially sensitive discussion to interrupt everyone else who is playing. Please help us keep things peaceful and reach out at mctve.com/appeal.