Yesterday, a user had joined the Discord and gave us his opinion on the server, mostly in terms of the donator ranks - and how he viewed the ranks as “pay to win.” I have always viewed p2w (pay to win) as something directly benefiting the player in an advantageous way. Some examples (in my opinion) for a Minecraft server, would be:
- Receiving free in game items, such as: beacons, diamonds/netherite, or anything that holds any sort of value on the server.
- Donating for unobtainable enchantments, such as: efficiency X, tools that never break, sharpness X, etc.
- Donating to bypass chat rules, game rules (exploits, griefing, etc), and farm limit rules.
There can definitely be an argument on if /fly or /back is “p2w” - and I think depending on the server setup, it could definitely very well be. But I feel, on a survival server, that’s aimed towards longer-term players, and larger projects - with no pvp community - that those two commands are perfectly fine. We have /fly disabled for the End and Nether to prevent donators from flying around at lightning speeds to get new End/Nether loot when those worlds wipe, and we’ve also done the same for /back into those worlds, just to add a bit more risk when dying in those two worlds!
But with all that out of the way! I’ve done some thinking and came up with a new idea that would benefit everyone part of the TVE community, non-donators and donators! Basically, every x amount of votes, you’ll unlock a temporary permission (from a higher rank) that you can use for the day. It’ll work with percentages.
An example of what I’m thinking:
Rank Member: every 10 votes (2 days of voting), there’s a 35% chance for the user to get any perk from the supporter rank (for the day), 25% chance from Premium, 20% chance for pro perks, 15% chance for Ultra, and 10% chance for any Omega perk.
Rank Pro: every 10 votes, there’s a 60% chance for any Ultra perk, and a 40% chance for any Omega perk.
So if you’re already a donator, you can’t receive the temp perms from lower ranks or the same rank as yourself. Some perks such as more sethomes will not be obtainable, as they’ll only last a day (though, you can get more sethomes when you vote and rank up higher in the vote ranks!) All numbers and an idea at the moment, and wanting to hear back from you all before anything! (How many votes it should take, how long it should last, if there’s any perks that shouldn’t be included, etc)