- Start the version of Minecraft that you’re going to install the mod for at least once.
- Go to the official Minecraft Forge website: http://files.minecraftforge.net
- Download and run the recommended installer for the needed Minecraft version (1.15.2, etc). This should create a new “forge” profile in your Minecraft client if this is your first time using Forge (to change which Forge version to run you’ll have to edit the “forge” profile).
- Start Minecraft with the “forge” profile at least once.
- Now click the download link below, choose the mod edition (must use fair-play) to the top-right of the page
- Choose the latest version of the mod for your Minecraft version and click “Download (.jar)”. Wait 5 seconds and click “skip ad” in the top-right corner of the page.
- Go to C:/Users/YOUR USER/AppData/Roaming/.minecraft/mods or to an equivalent on other OS’. On Windows you can open the “AppData” folder by pressing windows key + R and typing in: %appdata%
- Find your way into the “mods” folder as described in the previous step.
- Put the mod jar(s) you’ve just downloaded in the “mods” folder. You can now install any mods compatible with your Forge version by putting them in this folder.
- Start your minecraft launcher and start the game using the “forge” profile.
- If you are still having problems getting the mod to work, contact me on Discord by creating a support ticket in #staff-help.
If you do it right, you should be able to see a Minimap in the upper left corner (default location, can be moved) and if you press M, you’ll open up the world map. Pressing Y will open up the Minimap mod menu, and pressing B will create a quick waypoint.